Use of the Service
Plotter allows you create, organize, discover and share maps of locations through our mobile and web-based apps and our site (each an “App“). As long as you comply with these Terms, you have the right to download and install a copy of the App to your mobile device, and to access and use the Service, for your own personal use. You may not: (i) copy, modify or distribute the App for any purpose; (ii) transfer, sublicense, lease, lend, rent or otherwise distribute the App or the Service to any third party; (iii) decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or create derivative works of the App or the Service; (iv) make the functionality of the App or the Service available to multiple users through any means; or (v) use the Service in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with these Terms.
The following terms apply to any App accessed through or downloaded from any app store or distribution platform (like the Apple App Store or Google Play) where the App is made available (each an “App Provider“). You acknowledge and agree that:
- These Terms are concluded between you and Plotter, and not with the App Provider, and that Plotter (not the App Provider), is solely responsible for the App.
- The App Provider has no obligation to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App.
- In the event of any failure of the App to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify the App Provider, and the App Provider will refund the purchase price for the App to you (if applicable) and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, the App Provider will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App. Any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be the sole responsibility of Path.
- The App Provider is not responsible for addressing any claims you have or any claims of any third party relating to the App or your possession and use of the App, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- In the event of any third party claim that the App or your possession and use of that App infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, Plotter will be solely responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by these Terms.
- The App Provider, and its subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of these Terms as related to your license of the App, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of these Terms, the App Provider will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms as related to your license of the App against you as a third party beneficiary thereof.
- You must also comply with all applicable third party terms of service when using the App.
Our Service may change from time to time and/or we may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Service (or features within the Service), possibly without prior notice to you. Our Service may, at some point, include advertisements, which may be targeted to the content or information on the Service, queries made through the Service, or from other information. The types and extent of advertising on the Service are also subject to change over time. In consideration for providing you the Service, you agree that we and our third party providers and partners may place advertising on our Service or in connection with the display of content or information on our Service.
Creating a Plotter Account
In order to access and use Plotter, you must register and create an account (your “Account“). To create an account, (a) you may be asked to establish a password and user name, or (b) alternatively, you may be required to login using your account credentials from third party social network and/or identity providers (any such account credentials described in (a) or (b), your “User ID”). Your User ID is for your personal use only and you may not allow any other party to use your User ID. By creating an Account, you represent that you are of legal age to form a binding contract and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction.
When creating an Account, don’t:
- provide any false personal information to us (including a false username) or create any account for anyone other than yourself without such other person’s permission;
- use a username that is the name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person;
- use a username that is subject to rights of another person without appropriate authorization;
- use a username that is offensive, vulgar or obscene or otherwise in bad taste; or
- create multiple User IDs in an effort to obtain multiple rights to use the Service.
We reserve the right to suspend, terminate or revoke access to your Account if any information provided during the registration process or thereafter proves to be inaccurate, false or misleading or to reclaim any username that you create through the Service that violates our Terms. We reserve the right to reclaim usernames on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those usernames. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and Account, and agree to notify us if your password is lost, stolen, or disclosed to an unauthorized third party, or otherwise may have been compromised. You are responsible for activities that occur under your Account.
You can link your Account to various social networking accounts. You may only link your own accounts. We will access and retrieve your account information from these sites on your behalf (in some cases, by using your username and password) to make certain information or services available to you through the Service. By linking your other accounts, you expressly authorize us to access your account information from those third party accounts, on your behalf as your agent and permit us to access, use and, in some cases, store your account information to accomplish the foregoing.
Our Service allows you and other users to create, store, share and otherwise make available certain information, images, text and/or other content (“Content”). You are responsible for the Content that you post to the Service, including its legality, reliability, and appropriateness. By posting Content to the Service, you grant us the right and license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content on and through the Service. You agree that this license includes the right for us to make your Content available to other users of the Service, who may also use your Content subject to these Terms. You retain any and all of your rights to any Content you submit, post or display on or through the Service and you are responsible for protecting those rights.
You can remove Content that you posted by specifically deleting it. In certain instances, however, some Content (such as posts or comments you make) may not be completely removed and copies of your Content may continue to exist on the Service and/or elsewhere. We are not responsible or liable for the removal or deletion of (or the failure to remove or delete) any Content on the Service. You represent and warrant that the posting of your Content on or through the Service does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person.
We ask that you respect our on-line community and other users when posting Content and using the Service. When submitting Content to or otherwise using the Service, you agree not to:
- use the Services to upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Submitted Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, false, misleading, fraudulent, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other Plotter users;
- use the Plotter service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content;
- crawl, scrape, or otherwise cache any content from Plotter including but not limited to user profiles and photos; or
- create or submit unwanted email or comments to any Plotter members (“Spam”).
Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your Plotter account. While Plotter prohibits such conduct and content on its Service, you understand and agree that Plotter cannot be responsible for the Content posted on its web site and you nonetheless may be exposed to such materials and that you use the Plotter service at your own risk.
Content on the Service
The Content available through the Service has not been reviewed, verified or authenticated by us, and may include inaccuracies or false information. We make no representations, warranties, or guarantees in connection with our Service or any Content on the Service, relating to the quality, suitability, truth, accuracy or completeness of any content contained in the Service. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use or reliance of any Content.
You agree to indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any and all costs, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) we incur in relation to, arising from, or for the purpose of avoiding, any claim or demand from a third party that your use of the Service or the use of the Service by any person using your Account violates any applicable law or regulation, or the rights of any third party.
Links to Third Party Sites
The Service may include links to other sites and services that are not operated by us. We are providing these links to you only as a convenience and are not responsible for the content or links displayed on such sites. You are responsible for and assume all risk arising from your use or reliance of any third party sites.
Our App and Service is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of the United States and foreign countries. Except as expressly provided in these Terms, we (or our licensors) exclusively own all right, title and interest in and to the App and the Service, including all associated intellectual property rights. You may not remove, alter or obscure any copyright, trademark, service mark or other proprietary rights notices incorporated in or accompanying the App or the Service, including in any Content. You acknowledge and agree that any feedback, comments or suggestions you may provide regarding the App or the Service (“Feedback”) will be the sole and exclusive property of Path and you hereby irrevocably assign to us all of your right, title and interest in and to all Feedback.
If you breach any of the terms of these Terms, we have the right to suspend or disable your access to or use of the App and/or Service.
You understand and agree that the App and the Service are provided to you “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis. Without limiting the foregoing, WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. We make no warranty that the App or the Service will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis.
Limitation of Liability
OUR TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FROM ALL CAUSES OF ACTION AND UNDER ALL THEORIES OF LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE APP AND IN NO EVENT WILL IT EXCEED $50. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, USE, GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM (i) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE APP AND/OR SERVICE; (ii) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICE; (iii) ANY CONTENT OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE; AND (iv) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the limitations above may not apply to you.
This product uses the Google Places API and Google Maps for iOS SDK but is not endorsed or certified by Google.